Now I just need friends to come swim and play :’)
Gaza August 19,2014.
"Extended cease-fire ends. Airstrikes resume. More than 30 Palestinians injured and 2 killed in Gaza."
Israel’s Operation Protective Edge
- 2,019 Palestinians killed [80% civilians] , including 542 children and 251 women from Israeli bombardment
- 64 Israeli Soldiers killed in combat and 3 civilians
- 10,223 Palestinians wounded, including 3,486 children and 1,970 women
- UNRWA has exhausted its capacity to absorb displaced persons, and overcrowding in shelters risks the outbreak of epidemics.
- 122 Palestinian families have lost 3 or more members of their family.
- UNICEF estimates about 373,000 Palestinian children have had some kind of direct traumatic experience and require immediate psycho-social support.
- 1.5 million people in Gaza have limited or no access to water supplies. 26 health facilities have been damaged.
- More than 485,000 internally displaced are in need of emergency food assistance.
- Shelling and bombing have damaged 142 schools — 89 of them run by the United Nations — , and multiple Israeli strikes on Gaza’s only power plant and other infrastructure have left it beyond repair.The cost of reconstruction will run to “hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars,” - Pernille Ironside, the head of the Unicef office in Gaza
Matt Mira reveals the steps on his path from Apple Store to inspiring The Nerdist podcast and writing for Comedy Central hit @midnight.
People move to Los Angeles every day to embark upon careers in the promised land of show business. Most of them end up dwelling in entertainment purgatory. Nobody knows exactly which factors set people on the path from nowhere to somewhere, but talent is only part of the equation. The rest of it seems to involve some dark-arts combination of making connections and working your ass off. For Matt Mira, both happened once he became a Genius.
this plays every time an nge fan goes to hell
THIS. MOTHERFREAKING THIS.
Excuse me as I causally anonymously mail this to all my relatives’ homes
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: Equating all Muslims with the Taliban or Al-Quaeda is like equating all Christians with the Westboro Baptist Church or those who bomb abortion clinics.
Stop calling what’s happening in Ferguson a “riot”.
It is not a riot.
Vancouver losing the Stanley Cup a few years ago was a riot. It was angry, drunken destruction with no purpose. (And as a Canadian, it was a shameful event)
Ferguson is not a riot. It is a protest. It is an uprising. It is a civil rights revolution. The prople of Ferguson may be angry, but they have a reason to be angry, and they are not violent, and they are not hooligans, thugs or looters. They are protesting for their human rights which are currently being denied.
Look at the difference between a riot and a protest. A riot is chaos. A protest has a purpose.
"Waste of good ammo. It’s my privilege to buy you a replacement box."
"All self-respecting whites have a moral responsibility to support our growing number of martyrs to the failed experiment called diversity."
"I thank all Police, you are the ‘Thin Blue Line’ protecting normal Americans from aggressive and entitled primitive savages. America is surely at the tipping point."
Just a few quotes (in case it’s hard to read) from that collection of donation messages for Darren Wilson.
Does anyone else want to say it’s not about race?
Mark Bustos is a hair stylist at an upscale salon in New York City, but not all of his clientele have to be wealthy to get a quality trim. Sometimes, they don’t need a penny.
Turning point in #Ferguson? Police drew guns on Hip Hop artist/activist Talib Kweli & others, threatened to shoot last night. (Above) Kweli observes police were in rush formation BEFORE the water bottle was thrown at them. Major questions being raised about identity of individual who threw water bottle— possibly an agent provocateur, someone working for police to either invite riot or provide “justification” for police to assault a peaceful protest. (Left) Activist Phil Agnew, who is in Ferguson, says protesters are being depicted inaccurately. (Below) Example of an agent provocateur: notice the protester being tackled to the ground by police is wearing the EXACT SAME SHOES the police in uniform are wearing (?!?!) #mikebrown
The young lady that was shot in the head by a police officer is still waiting to be interviewed by the police department
(they’ve edited the articles to take out the white part and that she was killed hehehe)
Residents knew it was BS.
Turns out Mya was shot by a police officer. The department forced surgeons to take the bullet out and took the bullet for “Ballistics”
Over a week later, she still has yet to be contacted by the department
Do not let her story go ignored
The face value of $100 is the same in all 50 states, but when it comes to actual purchasing power, your mileage may vary depending on where you are. These are the states that offer the biggest bang for your buck.